HOW CLOSE TO GOD DO YOU WANT TO BE?
CHRIST’S MASS: HOLY COMMUNION
The Sacrifice began in the Upper Room, where Jesus voluntarily offered Himself as the living High Priest, the victim and the Lamb of God to be sacrificed at Calvary, which took place with His death. Jesus was celebrating the Jewish Passover, where from the days of the Passover and the Exodus, the Israelites commemorated God’s words. This one “Sacrifice of Praise” (Hebrews 13: 15) transcends time with the words Jesus said at the Last Supper, “Do this, in commemoration of Me”. This is known as Holy Communion and this is where you can become close to God.
At the mass, as at the sacrifice of Calvary, Jesus Christ, God/man is offered in sacrifice. A Victim must be offered and partaken of. Our Lord, the living High Priest is standing at the altar during each consecration: “A Lamb standing, a Lamb that had been slain “(Revelation 5: 6). He shows his wounds to the Father on behalf of the assembly at mass lead by the priest so that He “might lead you to God. He was put to death insofar as fleshly existence goes, but was given life in the realm of the spirit.” (1 Peter 3: 18) So we participate with “a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ “(1 Peter 2: 5). Christ has died. Christ has risen. Christ is with us. Christ will come again in glory.
Try to imagine the scene of the Last Supper and imagine Jesus speaking His Word to you personally and uniquely, “This is My body … this is My blood.” St. Paul writes, “Is not the cup of blessing we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread we break a sharing in the body of Christ?” (1 Corinthians 10: 16). The Savior spoke of the need for us to eat His flesh and drink His blood in order to have life (John 6: 54). We come to the One who overcame death, the Living Lord, whom we receive. What a presence!
Historically, Jesus came to restore communion between God and man that was lost in the Garden of Eden. He came from Bethlehem (House of Bread) to Jerusalem to give us the Bread of Life. It is this “daily sacrifice” (Daniel 11: 31) and this “pure offering” (Malachi 1: 11) that brings us so close to God. What a moment! What a feeling of love and peace! What a gift from your Friend on your journey!
The Eucharist represents the presence and the absence of Our Lord. It makes the past become present to us and keeps our sights on the future.
You usually value the intimacy of human friendship. Actually the Lord Himself fills you with the love, that your heart craves. He is your faithful Companion and your most gentle and compassionate Lover. When everything seems to be against you, you still have your God. The trust in His strength is the only weapon that you need.
So we all must travel a spiritual journey — the journey of our own lifetime. The bread of life in the “daily sacrifice” is our spiritual food. For some to accept this way of thinking requires something called faith: the belief in what may appear to be the unknown: “I am the Resurrection and the Life. Those who believe in Me will live, even though they die: and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?“
These series of ten biblical quotes are called:
- To strengthen your fellowship with God.
- To show you the goodness of God.
- To build healthy, positive thoughts.
- To provide curative comfort.
You may wish to send a series of God’s Loveletter to someone.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s Unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
AFRICA RENEWAL supported by:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- God’s Loveletters: Godloveletters.com
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org