THE SECOND COMING
We have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Savior, but as a just Judge“.
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with Me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.” Revelation 22:12
The second coming is soon. In fact, Jesus promised His disciples that He would come again. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” John 14:1-3
“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
“Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” Matthew 25:34
Existence of the general judgment
- Few truths are more often or more clearly proclaimed in Scripture than that of the general judgment. To it the prophets of the Old Testament refer when they speak of the “Day of the Lord” (Joel 3:4; Ezekiel 13:5; Isaiah 2:12), in which the nations will be summoned to judgment. The Savior Himself not only foretells the event but graphically portrays its circumstances. Matthew 24:27; 25:31
- “He shall come again with glory to judge both the living and the dead” Nicene Creed. Several Fathers of the first four centuries advanced the theory of a thousand years’ terrestrial reign of Christ with the saints to precede the end of the World
- Justice demands that, in order to form a proper estimate of the good or bad actions of all, a general judgment should take place. Not only that rewards and punishments should await us in the next life but that they should be awarded by a public and general judgment.
Signs that are to precede the general judgment
The Second Coming, however, is a climax of what God is doing with the world to prepare it for Christ’s millennial kingdom. The Second Coming of Christ is preceded by a number of world-shaking events that must occur before Christ can return.
The Scriptures mention certain events which are to take place before the final judgment. These predictions were meant to keep the end of the world present to the minds of Christians.
Here are seven signs of the last judgment:
General preaching of the Christian religion
Concerning this sign the Savior says: “And this gospel of the kingdom, shall be preached in the whole world, for a testimony to all nations, and then shall the consummation come”. Matthew 24:14
Conversion of the Jews
“That blindness in part has happened in Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles should come in. And so all Israel should be saved as it is written: There shall come out of Sion, he that shall deliver, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob”. Romans 11:25-26
A Great Apostasy
There first must come a revolt or apostasy. The Fathers and interpreters understand by this revolt a great reduction in the number of the faithful through the abandonment of the Christian religion by many nations. “But yet the Son of man, when He cometh, shall He find, think you, faith on earth?”. Luke 18:8
The Reign of Antichrist
Paul indicates as another sign of the day of the Lord, the revelation of the son of perdition, “The man of sin” 2 Thessalonians 2:3 “it is the last hour, and as you have heard that Antichrist is coming.” 1 John 2:18. There will arise a powerful adversary of Christ, who will seduce the nations by his wonders, and persecute the Church.
Extraordinary Unnatural Disturbances of Nature
The judgment will be preceded by unwonted and terrifying disturbances of the physical universe Matthew 24:29; Luke 21:25-26. The wars, pestilences, famines, and earthquakes are foretold.
A Universal Conflagration
A general conflagration will not annihilate the present creation, but will change its form and appearance (2 Peter 3:10-13; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; Revelation 3:3; 16:15). Natural science shows the possibility of such a catastrophe in the ordinary course of events; yet this origin will be entirely miraculous.
The Trumpet of Resurrection
A voice or trumpet will awaken the dead to resurrection: “in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye … a trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.” 1 Corinthians 15:52; (1 Thessalonians 4:15; John 5:28) “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.” Matthew 24:30 There will be an appearance in the sky of the Cross on which the Savior died or else of a wonderful cross of light.
Circumstances accompanying the general judgment
The Disciples asked the Savior, “Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?” He answered: “It is not for you to know the times or moments, which the Father hath put in His own power” Acts 1:6-7. The uncertainty of the Day of Judgment is continually urged by Christ as an incentive to vigilance. The day of the Lord will come “as a thief” (Matthew 24:42-43), like lightning suddenly appearing (Matthew 24:27), like a snare (Luke 21:34), as the Deluge (Matthew 24:37).
Place of the Judgment
All the texts in which mention is made of the Second Coming imply clearly that the general judgment will take place on the earth. “For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them” Joel 3:1, 2. According to Jewish tradition, the Valley of Jehoshaphat is that part of the Kidron Valley lying between the Temple Mount and the Mount of Olives. The name Jehoshaphat means “Jehovah is Judge.”
The coming of the Judge
At the Second Coming Christ will appear in the heavens, seated on a cloud and surrounded by the angelic hosts (Matthew 16:27; 24:30; 25:31). The angels will minister to the Judge by bringing all before Him (Matthew 24:31). The elect will aid Christ in a judicial capacity (1 Corinthians 6:2). The lives of the just will in themselves be a condemnation of the wicked (Matthew 21:41), whose punishment they will publicly approve.
Those to be judged
All men, both good and bad, will appear in the judgment to give an account of their deeds. The sentence pronounced will have a corresponding effect on the angels because they have exercised a certain influence over the fortunes of men.
Object of the judgment
The judgment will embrace all works, good or bad, forgiven as well as unforgiven sins, every idle word (Matthew 12:36), every secret thought: “Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men’s hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God”. 1 Corinthians 4:5
Form of the judgment
In the last judgment the conduct and deserts of each individual will be made plain not only to his own conscience but to the knowledge of the assembled world. No words will be spoken in the judgment, but that in one instant, through a Divine illumination, each creature will thoroughly understand his own moral condition and that of every fellow creature. Romans 2:15
Results of the general judgment
With the fulfillment of the sentence pronounced in the last judgment, the human race will attain its final destiny: “When the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. 1 Peter 5:4
“But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body.” Philippians 3:20
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s Unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
AFRICA RENEWAL supported by:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- God’s Loveletters: Godloveletters.com
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org