THE WORLD PROBLEM
The World Bank estimates that the world problem is that a quarter of the world is chronically under nourished. It is shocking to know that this problem has been with us for centuries. This problem seems too remote for most people. Hunger continues to initiate the most violent wars. People who are out of work and are starving are the stuff of which dictatorships are made. Yet, no one truly desires anyone to suffer or starve.
A Meaningful Existence
Most of us live for tomorrow: it will be better, richer, wiser and more secure. We are all searching for something that will make our existence more meaningful. Even the ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would have to answer two questions: “Did you bring joy?” and “Did you find joy?” We truly have an obligation to be the best person that we can. Any new learning, which will aid us in obtaining that goal, will benefit everyone. Each of us has something special to contribute. There is something that each of us can do if we are willing. Finding ways to become involved is a good beginning. We can use the time that we are given to give birth to our potential — our human trademark. We are challenged to see new possibilities. We are living at a time of abundant new beginnings. It is actually exciting when people come to grips with their own uniqueness as individuals. We are constantly told that nothing is free and that every investment has to have a return. Yet, over 50% of people volunteer their time at something to improve society.
An Earthly Paradise
The Buddhist tell a story of the frog lodged at the bottom of the well, which cannot ever understand the limitless expanse of the sky. If we can only step out of our own perceptual traps, we can begin to see the beauty and goodness. An earthly paradise is not some far-off impossible destination. It can be a loving voyage in the here and now. We are responsible for creating our own paradise and the time to start the voyage is NOW.
The Save-the-World Mind Set
We are living through a period of an unprecedented social and technological change. This rapid advancement in technology and human networks have exponentially opened up new pathways to actualizing one’s passions. People want to broadcast and express themselves and even cultivate a following. There is an increased global awareness and connections to others in remote areas. Many people do not associate helping the poor around the world as a calling from God. They think that Christianity is a laundry list of vague beliefs that have little meaning on how they spend their time. Actually, they lack a deep understanding of their faith and that following Jesus is a way of life.. Many people aspire to science-related careers. Some people assume that science has cornered the world on knowledge: things are only true when they are tested with scientific methods. There is a name for this: scientism. This thinking must not become more important than obedience to God. Here is what Sir Isaac Newton said about his belief: ” I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by those who were inspired. I study the Bible daily.” He credited his Creator with the existence of the universe. Each moment has a life upon itself with as much potential for joy and happiness as we are willing to bring to it: life is wonderful; joy is our birthright and love is what it is all about.
Having more of anything other than the love for God and neighbor will leave you dissatisfied with relationships and possessions. To love is the greatest of human experience and sooner or later we discover that life without it is empty and meaningless. Love is always worth the effort. Kindness in giving creates love. Each of us bears a torch but we must keep it lit. The hope of tomorrow is that these blazing torches will provide hope for tomorrow. We want to leave the world a better place for our having to be in it.
To Build a Team
Today people don’t want to be only hearers of faith but also doers — to put feet to their faith: action on behalf of others. This is empathy: the ability to understand and take on yourself the burden of others to serve and restore God’s world. God has made all things and He is making all things new for you. So what has God called you to do in partnership with the community of Christ-followers? How can you be on a mission in the world for Christ, based on what you are gifted to do?
Here is how we begin OUR REVOLUTION:
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s Unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
AFRICA RENEWAL supported by:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- God’s Loveletters: Godloveletters.com
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org